Improving Poor Acceptance on JCM iPRO Note Acceptors
When using the iPRO note acceptor, a low percentage of notes being accepted by the validator is likely to mean there is an acceptance issue, which can have a number of causes.
- Dirt and/or stains on the rollers, belts and lenses
- The unit has been disassembled and re-calibration adjustments have not occurred following a re-assembly
- The wrong software or an old version of the software is being used
- Software not designed to accept current banknotes
The following are the resolutions for the above causes:
- Clean the transport path. Refer to “Preventative Maintenance” in Section 2 of the iPRO Service Manual
- Make sure to readjust the Sensors after reassembling the iPRO-100/101 iPRO Unit. Refer to the Validation Sensor Calibration” on page 6-8 of Section 6 in the iPRO Service Manual
- Make sure that the programmed Flash or EPROM Memory Software is the latest version, and it supports the currency values and specific Country allowing acceptance
- Check the particular specifications for the required banknote Type Acceptance, and make sure the banknotes will be accepted by the Software loaded (e.g., check denomination / issuing year, etc.)
If these steps have not worked, or you are unable to follow any of the steps, then you will need to send the unit back to a Eurocoin Authorised Service Centre for repair/reprogram.